Challenge is arranged 3.10.2016-30.1.2017. The entries have to be submitted before 23.59 on 30.1.2017.
After peer review on 1.2.-5.2.2017, the judges will evaluate the entries in the beginning of February. Our esteemed judges:
- Professor Alf Rehn
- Ville Korpiluoto, Demola
- Elisa Kettunen, Kuntaliitto
- Teemu Ropponen, Open Knowledge Finland
- Ville Meloni, Forum Virium
6Aika Open Data spearhead project members are not involved with the judging.
The winners will be announced in the reward gala in Helsinki at 15th of February 2017.
Who can participate?
Anyone can participate except the members of 6Aika Open Data project. The participants can be individuals, NGOs, organisations or businesses from Finland or abroad.
One team / participant can provide multiple competition entires.
The competition entries have to fill these criteria
- The entry has to support one of these two themes: Active citizen or Functional city.
- The entry has to utilize at least one open datasets provided by the six cities (Helsinki, Vantaa, Espoo, Tampere, Turku or Oulu)
- The entry must be created during this competition. The same solution can however be presented in another similar competition during the DataBusiness Challenge period.
The entries will be evaluated based on
- How creatively different data sources are used
- Usability & user friendliness
- The freshness of the idea
- Business potential
- Quality and sustainability
- How the idea / solution is compatible with the challenges
Rights and tax
All the immaterial rights belong to the competitors.
The price money is considered to be under Finnish taxation. The winner-beneficiary will have the obligation to include the income in his tax return. Read more.
The organizers have the right to change the rules by announcing those changes in the website.
The organizers have the right to add more thematic challenges during the competition period.