We strive to boost data-driven business in Finland and enhance the usability of open data in business operations. We offer companies and communities free business and development services, some of which are introduced on this page.
To see what we can do for your business, get in touch with our Community Managers.
Education and training
DataBusiness Sparring for companies and developers
Have you ever wondered what open data could offer for your business? DataBusiness Sparring concentrates on collaborative idea generation for utilisation opportunities of open data. Developers, companies and aspiring entrepreneurs alike can benefit from the course.
During the half-day sparring session, you will get an idea of your company’s or team’s potential to utilise open data. In addition, we will form theme-based networks of companies, cities and other agents in order to find mutual development and piloting opportunities.
DataBusiness and academic collaboration
Would you like your courses to have fresh perspectives and a real touchpoint with business life? We can offer open data related content and application exercises, including topical city challenges.
The end result of a DataBusiness academic collaboration initiative can be, for example, a tangible app or a survey-based concept. Business partners are welcome to join the initiative. We also strive to support further development of academic theses by introducing them in cities and development communities.
We have implemented several courses with our collaboration partners, which include the following:
- Capital region: Laurea University of Applied Sciences, Metropolia University of Applied Sciences, the University of Helsinki, Aalto University
- Tampere: The University of Tampere, Tampere University of Technology, Tampere University of Applied Sciences
- Turku: The University of Turku, Åbo Akademi, Turku University of Applied Sciences
- Oulu: Demola Oulu, Oulu University of Applied Sciences, the University of Oulu, Oulun Yritystakomo business development service
Visibility and networking
DataBusiness Visibility Services
Would you like your business to be seen and your views heard? For businesses that utilise open data, we offer visibility on our website and in the events we host.
- On our Company profile page you can share an introduction of your company and examples of how you have utilised open data in your business. You can propose your company to be added to the site here (in Finnish).
- In the Showcase section you can introduce your open data products, such as apps or services. You can propose your showcase to be added to the site here (in Finnish).
- In our Blog we publish posts about opportunities, challenges and surprising discoveries related to open data. We also welcome your views!
- We also welcome you to organise events with us, and offer you a floor to share your ideas.
Do you wish to include open data related content in an event you are organising? DataBusiness Cafe is a networking session you can book for your event free of charge. We will talk about open data and its application opportunities over a cup of coffee.
DataBusiness Cafe includes tailored demos about open data applications. It can also be an independent event for sharing common interests, meeting new people and of course enjoying good coffee in a relaxed atmosphere.
You can also invite a specialist to speak about the utilisation of open data at your event.
If you need sparring about the utilisation opportunities of open data in your business activities, or if you wish to discuss academic collaboration or an open data event partnership, please do not hesitate to get in touch.